Friday, January 29, 2010

cheese sticks frozen pizza and lucky charms

             I'm sitting on the encrusted green couch with the screensaver from Debian popping up blue and white squares on my flat screen tv. The lamp is on, and i'm listening to R.Kelly talk about God and fucking. Life is good and there is 3 inches of ice on the ground and I can hear the fears of the simple people. I'm simple. I walked to the piggly wiggly and bought a block of cheese, three eggs, and fresh milk from old man Harkins new milking cow. The state paved the dredge ditch road leading up to his place and me and ma take the buggy up there every Saturday. Am I really going to die? Everyone was in a good mood in the grocery store and I can assume it's because something has changed. Even though the clerk and employees have to get home along with the customers people just like their normal world being turned upside down by the weather. A gift from God.

           Sarah got into the Trotter's garden through the back pasture last month and old Mrs. Trotter had a nervous breakdown when she saw what that pig did to her flowers and turnips. That no good son of hers, Randy, said she laid eyes on that pigs just a snorting and a going and then her gaze just went off into yonder. She fell backwards and started shaking and Randy shoved a handful of dirt and a cucumber in her mouth so she wouldn't swallow her tongue. Momma said God didn't give us a tongue so we could swallow em.

No comments: