Saturday, January 30, 2010

The neighbor

I heard her having sex most of the night and felt lonely and alone.

It was a Saturday, and i unlocked the front door with a cup of coffee in my hand.
Old man Harkins was pulling a garbage bag out his front door.

"Let me get that for you."

"I got it,' he responded.

I laughed, "Just this once let me help you."

"Ok, I really do appreciate it," he sounded tired and aged.

I went back into my apartment and sat my cup down on the coffee table and returned. I picked up the bag and Old Man Harkins, held open the solid Oak door to the apartment building.

We went down the walkway leading out to the street.

"You are such a good neighbor, always quit and helpful. You know that harlot upstairs kept me up all night. Sounded like she was rearranging the furniture."

He stopped and I stopped, he leaned backwards and held his back and I laughed.

"That whore can fuck," he said looking up to the second story window.

"Mr. Harkins, I'm sorry we made so much noise. I will keep it down next time."

I picked up the garbage and continued to walk to the street.

No comments: