Saturday, January 30, 2010

OLd Man HaRkiNs and the Explosion in the Night.

I looked at the ceiling where the noise was coming.
I thought I pictured it moving as she moaned. I hallucinated in the dark.

I turned on the lamp next to my bed  and picked up a book  from my night stand.

I read and the noise stopped.

"Some stud," I thought.

I looked at the ceiling.

I pictured a nuclear explosion lightening up the dark southern sky.

I would unlock the front door to my apartment with Old Man Harkins waiting with his pistol and me with 20 gauge shotgun in hand.

Him and Her would run down the stairs naked ready to die out in the field and the muck and the mud.

She will be crying and I will calm her down.  He will be complaining about not having clothes, and I will hit him in the head with the butt of the shotgun. He will nakedly slide down the wall of the hallway in our apartment building.

She will scream as he head gushes blood and old Man Harkins will rightfully scream,
"Shut up stupid whore. He wouldn't have gotten hit if you werent fucking so much."

He acts as though he is going to hit her but waits for my approval. I shake my head no.

"Where are your goddamn clothes?" he asks.

She mutters something unitelligeable and I cup her breast and tell her it's going to be alright.

"It's going to be all right," I say.

She looks up at me like she has seen me for the first time ever.

Old man Harkins screams something unprintable as we hear the final explosion.

I layed in bed and pictured myself eating old Man Harkins and the lady from Apartment 2B to survive the nuclear holocaust.

I smiled as I heard her scream and the floor started to shake again.

No comments: