Thursday, September 11, 2014

Something New



I took 3 packs of M&M's, 2 bags of whoopers, and chili powder mango slices to the counter at the BP at Winchester and Knight Arnold:

         "Hey buddy, where you been? We not see you for two months or something?"

         "I'm around. Getting candy for the kids."

          "Oh man, you are a good father. How many do you have?"

         "4 girls."

         "That's great. Take it easy."

          "Thanks"


I ate the candy on the way to the therapist. I sat in his lobby and gave the people who came out of his office a bad look.

         "Hey Ray, you want some cold water or coffee?"

         "No thanks."

          "I'm going to make me a pot. Go have a seat in my office."

I talked about myself for 55 minutes and scheduled next week's appointment.  The therapist asked the next couple on the lobby couch if they wanted some cold water or some coffee as I was leaving.

I stared at the Side Porch - Steak House Restaurant while sitting at the light, waiting for a change.

           "I want a steak."

The light changed and I drove through Bartlett.

           "I think i have parkinson disease," I thought as I went down Sam Cooper.

I got off at Highland, but didn't turn left, but went right and then turned left to go behind some buildings on Summer Ave. I passed a fire station with lights on, and a bar parking lot filled with cars. I ended up at Holmes Rd, and turned left driving through Binghampton. On the left was a country club golf course and on the right was barred up windows and nice cars.

I asked myself, "If you were put here without recollection of driving to this spot, would you recognize where you are?"

The answer was "no" which was great: Something new.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i get it