Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Mr Harkins in Ketosis

Mr Harkins laid at the bottom of the stairs panting. The air would not enter his lungs and his heart could not pump the blood and he knew he was about to die.

Jim prayed to God to save him or to not hurt when it happens.

It was an apartment building, the stairs went up with doors at the top and bottom. Across from where Jim Harkins lay was the door to apartment 2, and that's where I was sitting.

I was day dreaming about being married and was annoyed by the unknown source of the distraction outside my brown wooden door.

I was at the dirt and grass dog park watching my wife talk to a man about his terrier.
The train was going by and it was loud. One of our Goldens had rolled in crap and I knew we would have to deal with it later.

My wife kissed me on the neck and a boy at the city skate park screamed an obscenity.

The sun went behind a cloud and I could see the tablet screen much better.

A little boy yelled for Toto to come to him and I asked my wife if you spelled Toto, t-o-o t-o-o. She laughed and said that would be 2 2.

Harkins whispered "help..." but I didn't hear him.

Toto was kicking his back legs on Walley and I noticed what a beautiful day it was with the feel of Spring. 

The view of the trees against the cool blue sky makes me feel spiritual. 

My wife is ready to leave and I fade back to the apartment with Mr Harkins dead outside my door.
"I want a wife and dogs," I thought as I got up to see what was causing the noise behind my brown wooden door. 

No comments: